Our July 4th this year was pretty interesting. There was a huge storm and we all ended up hanging out at Starbucks on Barret Parkway, but before the sky dropped out on us, I took a few pictures of my friends Adriene & Ashton. She brought along all the cute props and tasty treats. I hope you enjoy seeing some personal/just for fun pictures.
I’ve held out on buying a newer camera for a long time, favoring my trusty 1ds mark 2, but the low light performance on the 5d mark 2 is pretty incredible and finally won me over. To give you an idea, these photos were taken at 9:15pm and the sky was very cloudy/overcast.
There are plenty of reviews online already, but here are my pro/cons of the 5d mk2 vs. the 1ds mk 2 camera:
- Better low-light capability (handles noise/grain quite well)
- Records video (going to be fun for experimenting)
- Smaller and lighter camera-body (great for candids)
- Since I am used to 45 point autofocus from the 1ds, the 5d is horrible at focusing (learning curve)
- Not built as solid as the 1ds (this is expected and not a show-stopper)
- Only has one CF card slot, vs the 1ds has dual card slots (great for piece of mind, but again, not a show-stopper)